To mark the occasion of the International Red Cross and Red Crescent Day, the Jordan National Red Crescent Society, with the support of the International Committee of the Red Cross, is organizing a competition searching for the best humanitarian story, relating to the experience of volunteering.
The Competition Conditions:
- The competition is open to volunteers of the Jordan Red Crescent, including the branches. It is open to all nationalities.
- The story should reflect the practical field experiences of the volunteers through their interaction with the beneficiaries, and how the application of the basic principles has reflected positively on their lives.
- The number of words should not exceed (500) words.
- The deadline for participation is end of business, Thursday April 20, 2017.
- A special judging panel will be convened, which will annouce the results on April 30, 2017.
- Winners will receive cash prizes, and will be honored at the International Day of the Movement, Monday May 8, 2017 in the Jordan Red Crescent Headquarters.
Please send competition entries to:
Please include the name, age, gender, phone and which branch the volunteer works in.
Note that stories submitted after the advertised closing time will not be accepted.
Branch heads are asked to encourage volunteers to participate in the competition.