The Jordan National Red Crescent Society (JNRCS) was established on 27 December, 1947, and was recognized by the ICRC in 1948. JNRCS was admitted to the International Red Cross and Red Crescent Movement in 1952.
As an independent organisation, it has its own legislation (No. 3 for the year 1969), and its statutes were approved by the General Assembly in 1970. The Act of Law is attached below.
The Society direction focuses on Strategy 2020 of the International Federation of Red Cross and Red Crescent Societies, which has the strategic aims:
- To save lives, protect livelihoods, and strengthen recovery from disasters and crisis.
- To enable healthy and safe living.
- To promote social inclusion and a culture of non-violence and peace.
The National Society enables the principles of the Movement to be upheld and disseminated through projects aimed at promoting the Fundamental Principles, responding to disaster and emergencies, building the capacity of our community during times of disaster, and providing services for the health of our community.
- President: H.E. Dr Mohammed Al-Hadid
- Vice-President: Engineer Omar Abu-Goura
Board Of Members:
- General Treasurer: Mrs Laila Touqan
- HE Dr. Nayef Al-Fayez
- HE Engineer Issa Ayoub
- HE Mr Salim Khair
- Engineer Abdul Rahim Al Baqa'i
- Prof Sami Khasawnih
- Mr Mohammed Al-Jamel
- Dr Mohammed Al-Khateeb