- “Clients” refers to:
- A JNRCS donor;
- Someone who has requested the services of JNRCS;
- Someone who has given the JNRCS information for an assessment of their needs;
- Anyone registered for training by the JNRCS who is not an employee, intern, volunteer, contractor, or student.
- “Collection” refers to the gathering, acquiring, noting or obtaining by any other means of Personal Information about an individual.
- “Consent” refers to giving permission for the collection, use, and disclosure of Personal Information. Consent can be either express or implied. It can be given orally, electronically or in writing. Implied consent is consent that can be reasonably inferred from an action or inaction.
- “JNRCS,” “we,” and “us” refer to the Jordan National Red Crescent Society.
- “Disclosure” refers to Personal Information available to someone else.
- “Donor(s)” refers to individuals, groups, or organisations who make a donation of money or securities to the JNRCS or has indicated to the JNRCS its intention of making a donation.
- “Personal Information” refers to any information, recorded in any form, about an identified individual, or an individual whose identity may be inferred or determined from such information. It does NOT include information that is publically available, such as business contact information or information found in a telephone directory.
- “Use” means the treatment, handling and management of Personal Information.
The JNRCS takes the privacy of its clients very seriously. We are accountable to our Clients and regularly review our practices to ensure they best safeguard personal information against loss or theft, unauthorised access, alteration or disclosure.
3. How we use Personal Information
The JNRCS uses Personal Information to facilitate its training protocols, activities, and achieve its mission of those in need in Jordan, the Middle East, and the World. Personal Information may be used to:
- Process Donations;
- Facilitate Health and Personal Care service programs;
- Carry out Disaster Management and Emergency Preparedness Initiatives;
- First Aid Services and Programs;
- Training and Awareness Programs;
- Initiatives to combat violence, abuse, neglect and injury;
- Provide clients with requested services;
- Manage client relationships;
- Meeting legal and regulatory requirements of the JNRCS;
- Promote Fundraising efforts.
The JNRCS does not sell or rent donor lists, although information may be shared with other credible organisations through donor trading, if the donor has not opted out of such a practice.
4. Website privacy and security
b. External links
There are links on this website that take you to other websites outside of our service. Any links provided to third party websites are provided solely for your convenience. The operation and content of such third party websites is beyond our control; we do not endorse in any manner whatsoever, or accept any responsibility for, the content or other material that may be contained on such websites, the use of such websites, or any products or services advertised on or sold through any such websites. We will not be liable under any circumstances for any damages whatsoever, direct or indirect, resulting from any use of this website or any third party website linked to this website, whether or not we are advised of the possibility of such damages.
c. Communication with Donors via email:
From time to time we may communicate with Donors via email. If a Donor does not wish further communication via email, he or she will be given an opportunity to opt out.
An individual is free to refuse or withdraw his or her consent to the collection, use or disclosure of his or her Personal Information at any time upon reasonable notice in writing to the JNRCS. A Client or Donor may decline to give the JNRCS his or her Personal Information but, in some circumstances, though this may hinder the delivery of services to the Client.
6. Limiting the Collection, Use, and Storage of Information
- Limitations on Collection and Use: The JNRCS strives to identify the purpose for which it is collecting Personal Information at the time it is, although in some circumstances such as disaster management, it may not be possible to do so immediately. Personal Information will be collected, to the extent possible, directly from the individual concerned.
- Disclosure: JNRCS does not disclose the Personal Information of its Donors or Clients without the Donor or Clients knowledge and consent EXCEPT when consent is implied. In the case of Donors, implied consent includes donors who do not indicate their desire to “opt-out” of further communications or trade with other organisations. In certain rare circumstances, the JNRCS may be permitted or obliged to disclose Personal Information without express consent. These circumstances include but are not limited to:
- where required by law or by the government;
- where we believe that it is necessary to protect the rights, privacy, safety or property of an identifiable person or group;
- where it is necessary to permit us to pursue available remedies or limit any damages that we may sustain;
- where the information being disclosed or used is present in the public domain.
JNRCS retains personal information as long as necessary for the fulfilment of the purposes for its collection or as necessary to comply with applicable laws.
7. Individual Access
An individual may request access to and review of personal information about themselves that is in the possession of the JNRCS. Access will be provided unless access is declined for one of the reasons described herein. We reserve the right to decline access to Personal Information where:
- The identity of the person requesting access cannot be confirmed;
- The Personal Information is not readily retrievable and the burden of providing it would be unequal to the value of the information;
- The requested Personal Information does not exist, is not held, or cannot be found;
- Disclosure of the Personal Information would compromise the confidentiality or safety of another individual;
- Non-disclosure of the Personal Information is required or permitted by law.
Where a request for access, alteration, or deletion of Personal Information is declined, the individual making the request will be provided with the reasons for declining the request.
Requests to Change Information: An individual may request that the JNRCS change Personal Information about themselves that is in the possession of the JNRCS. We reserve the right not to change any Personal Information.
Jordan National Red Crescent Society
147 Prince Hasan Street, Al Ashrafyah,
Postal Address: PO Box 10001, Amman 11151
Tel: (962) (6) 477 3141